- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 1 (12 oz ) pkg frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Cook the onion in melted butter until tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, combine all the onion mixture from the skillet along with soups and sour cream.
- Then mix in the chicken, rice, broccoli, cheese, thyme along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 13 and bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly.
This can be prepared and frozen. Just thaw and bake according to the recipe.