- 1 box Uncle Ben’s Fast Cook Wild Rice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup diced green onion (green parts only)
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 (14 oz) cans or 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to pkg directions.
- in a stock pot, melt butter. Add in flour and cook for 1 minute until thickened. Slowly whisk half and half. Cook until thickened. Add in the remaining ingredients. Cook until thickened and heated through. If needed, you can add water to thin if needed. Serves 8.