- 1 (6.2 oz) box Uncle Ben’s Fast Cook Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen carrots and peas ( you can buy a mix of them of I use 1 cup carrots and 1/2 cup peas)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add in onion and celery. Cook until onion is tender.
- In a large bowl, combined the prepared rice with the onion/celery mixture. Add in the cream of mushroom soup, chicken, frozen vegetables, milk, and salt and pepper.
- Spread into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for at least 30 minutes (or up to 60). Serves 4-5.