- 8 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained and save the juice
- 2 cup cooked chicken, shredded ( I use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- juice of half a lime
- 2 green onions, diced
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- pico de gallo or salsa
- In a skillet, add pineapple and cook for 2-3 minutes to warm and caramelize. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the cooked chicken to the skillet along with reserved pineapple juice. If needed you can add a little water too. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the pineapple back to the skillet along with the juice of half a lime and the diced green onion. Turn off heat.
- Brush one side of one of the tortillas with melted butter. Plac ethe tortilla butter side down in another skillet. Spread half of the cheese over the tortilla. Then top with half of the chicken mixture. Place a tortilla on top and brush the top iside of the tortilla with melted butter.
- Cook until bottom sized is brown, then flip and brown the other side. Cut into fourths and serve 2 wedges per person. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients. Serve the quesadilla with pico de gallo or salsa. Serves 4.