- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- guacamole, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Warm the enchilada sauce in a skillet. Once sauce is warm, dip 4 of the tortilla in the sauce to coat and arrange in the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
- Then layer 1 cup of the chicken followed by one cup of the cheese over the tortillas in the pie plate. Then sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of the diced green onion.
- Dip the remaining tortillas in the sauce and repeat the tortilla, chicken, and cheese layers.
- Pour any remaining sauce over the layers.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until heat through and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into 4 slices and serve each slice sprinkle with some of the remaining green onion followed by guacamole if desired.