- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups 3-cheese blend (mozzarella, parmesan and asiago)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make 1″ diagonal cuts through the bread, using a serrated knife, leaving the bottom crust intact. Turn the bread and make diagonal cuts in the opposite direction, creating a crosshatch pattern.
- Place the bread on a large sheet of foil. You want it large enough to wrap the bread in.
- Pour the melted butter into the cuts of the bread. Then, use a spoon to drip the pesto into the cuts of the bread.
- Finally, stuff the shredded cheese into the cuts of the bread.
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Place in the oven to bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Then, open the foil to expose the top of the bread and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.