- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chive-and-onion-cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups refrigerated southwest style shredded hash browns from a 20 oz bag (I used Simply Potatoes)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup of ham
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Spray a 8 or 9 inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese while slowly adding in the milk. Then beat in the eggs, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir in the hash browns, cheddar cheese, roasted pepper, and ham.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared square baking dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover the casserole and bake for 40 minutes. While it bakes, combine the panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter together in a small bowl.
- Remove casserole from the oven and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture even over the top of the casserole. Return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes more until the bread crumbs are golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.