- 5 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Peel the potatoes and slice them to 1/8 inch thin slices. I reccomend using a mandoline or a food processor.
- Spray a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half of the potatoes evenly over the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cheeses with the cornstarch. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish.
- Layer the rest of the potatoes over the cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the half and half and the chicken broth. Pour it over the potatoes. Then sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for the remaining 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through and are fork tender.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American