- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 5 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups (8oz) Velveeta, cubed (I used 16 oz. of Velveeta)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a 6-quart saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside beef.
- In the same saucepan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 2 Tablespoons butter until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, melt remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Whisk into soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add Velveeta, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Makes 8 servings.