- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup onion minced
- 2 Tbsp steak sauce
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- a few thin slices red onions
- 1/2 of a 16 oz jar baby dill pickles, drained and cut into thirds
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup croutons or so
- 1 bottle thousand island dressing
- In a skillet, brown ground beef along with the onion until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in the steak sauce, garlic salt, and pepper and cook for a minute or two. Remove from heat
- Place chopped romaine in a large salad bowl or on a serving platter. Put the ground beef in a line down the center of the lettuce and top with the sliced red onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients in lines along the ground beef mixture and place the croutons around the edges. Serve with thousand island dressing. Serves 6 as a main dish.