- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the baguette into long diagonal slices about ¼” thick. Set on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and dry overnight. This helps the croutons crisp and hold their shape.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the baguette slices, melted butter, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and pepper. Set shredded parmesan aside for later. Shake the bag to coat the baguette slices.
- Spread the slices out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, giving them space in between.
- Bake the bread at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until slightly golden brown and crisp.
- Flip over croutons over and sprinkle shredded parmesan on top of each shard.
- Bake 5-10 more minutes until parmesan cheese melts and edges are golden brown.
- Serve with soup, salad, as a snack, or on a cheese board.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American