- 2 lbs. red, yukon, or russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1–2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp butter, cubed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- ⅔ – 1cup half and half or milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp chopped chives
- Boil potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Add in butter and mash to desired consistency.
- The mix in sour cream and cheese until cheese is melted. Then add in half and half or milk to get the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with chives.
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: American