- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or cheddar/jack blend)
- 2 cups (or more) finely chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato (or salsa)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped avocado (or guacamole)
- Preheat the broiler. On a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, place 4 tortillas on the baking sheet and heat on the center rack in the oven for 4 minutes (keep an eye out so they don’t burn or brown too quickly!)
- Remove the from oven and turn the tortillas over. Spread each tortilla with ¼ cup refried beans and top with ¼ cup cheese. Bake until the cheese is hot and bubbling and the tortillas are crisp, 5 to 7 more minutes (again, keep an eye on them!) Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve immediately, topping each tortilla with lettuce, tomato/salsa, sour cream and avocado/guacamole. Serves 8.