- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 crushed peppermint candy canes
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips ***see note
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter with 2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and soda and whisk to combine. Add to creamed mixture and mix just until combined adding crushed candy canes into the dough when the batter is almost combined.
- Spread on a greased baking sheet (use a 13 x 18 pan). Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 min, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- For frosting, combine 1/2 cup butter and shortening until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and salt.
- Add powdered sugar in 1-2 cup increments until combined, then add milk & mix until smooth and spreading consistency. Spread over cooled cookie and sprinkle with the 1 cup of peppermint crunch baking chips. Cut into bars and serve.
if you can’t find the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips – you can substitute chopped Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.