- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 3 Tbsp crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray three 8 x 4 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add oil the eggs, water, yogurt, oil and extracts. Beat together until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 1/3 the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Follow with half of the buttermilk, then another 1/3 of the flour. Repeat the remaining butter milk and flour.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between the three pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- About 30 minutes before serving drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Makes 3 loaves.