- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups flour
- Garlic Topping:
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, warm the butter and milk together slowly. Make sure it is not more than 100 after heating. If needed allow to cool.
- Add the honey and yeast to the milk mixture. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Add in the egg, and stir with a fork until combined.
- Add the yeast mixture along with 2 cups of flour to your stand mixer. Mix with the dough hook until combined. Add the remaining flour a little at a time to the bowl and mix until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the mixer on and knead for 3-4 minutes.
- Spray your work surface with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the dough into 12 pieces. Roll out each piece into an 8 inch rope and tie into a knot. Place onto a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and let rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9-12 minutes until golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder together. Brush on war knots then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 12 knots.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian