- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 (8 oz) pkg. light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 (21 oz) cans Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 9 x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Measure out 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining cake mix, 1 egg, and canola oil. Stir until most and crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 pan covering the bottom and ¾ up the sides of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Then beat in the remaining 3 eggs one at a time.
- Add the reserved 1 cup of cake mix to the cream cheese mixture and beat for 1 minute.
- Once combined slowly mix in the milk, lemon juice and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture until combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 300 for 45-55 minutes until the center is set. It will still wiggle a little but will be more like set gelatin.
- Allow cheesecake to cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, cut into squares and top with pie filling. Serves 20.