- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed pipe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional, additional 1/3 cup brown sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×5 baking loaf pan and line with parchment paper (where it hangs over the edges) for easy bread removal. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, whisk together bananas, vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Add in the flour mixture and stir to combine, until there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with the addition brown sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Around the halfway baking point, loosely tent the loaf pan with foil to prevent too much browning on top of the bread.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and the remove from the loaf pan.