- 1 lb. uncooked pasta ( I used rotini)
- 1/2 cup salted butted
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in the bottom of a sauce pan. Then swirl pan occasionally to brown the butter. You will see the butter turn brown and you will be able to smell the difference too.
- Once it is browned, turn the heat down to low and add the cream. Stir in the cheese and heat until melted.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and toss with the sauce until coated. Top if additional Parmesan if desired. Serves 4 as a main dish or 6-8 as a side.