- 1 pkg. Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (I just put in what looks good to me)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup thin-sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well. Distribute half the bread evenly in a buttered 9″ x 13″ x 2″ baking dish. Sprinkle with half the pepper, half the cheese, half the sausage and half of each optional ingredient.
- Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese, sausage and optional ingredients. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 325 for 55-60 minutes, or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.
May be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking.