- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (or use 1 cup light brown sugar and one Tbsp molasses)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup of butterscotch chips (chopped walnuts and chocolate chips are equally tasty)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together with a spoon. Add the butterscotch chips or other mix-ins.
- Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (I had to cook min for 30 min) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve. Makes 9 blondies.