- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (plus additional for drizzling)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp dried herbs
- dried herbs for sprinkling
- Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ pan ( I used non-stick spray), and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine the water, olive oil, salt, flour, yeast, garlic salt and 1 Tbsp dried herbs together and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds. (I used my kitchen aid, but didn’t use the dough hook. I used the paddle type attachment. The one I use to mix cookie dough)
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it is puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- After the dough rises, gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
- Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
- Bake the bread at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until it’s golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
To make cheese-stuffed bread: Add 1 cup crumbled feta cheese to the dough after it’s been kneaded for 60 seconds.