- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture evenly into crust.
- Fold cocoa and confectioners’ sugar into remaining whipped topping mixture; carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into slices; top each slice with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.