- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup dry pasta (I used shells but elbow would also be great)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/8 cup dried basil
- In a stock pot heat olive oil. Add in the beef and onion and cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add inn the salt pepper, and oregano.
- Add in the broth and pasta sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add in the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Add in the cream cheese and basil and stir until cream cheese is blended in. Serves 6.