- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the french bread in half, lengthwise. Using your hand, scoop out center of the bread for each half. In a bowl, take the insides of the bread and tear into small chunks.
- Set the two hollowed halves of french bread onto a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and onion together until beef is fully cooked. Drain any grease. Add in the celery and garlic to skillet. Cook a few minutes until celery is tender.
- Add in soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and heat through for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef mixture to the bread chunks. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the center of the bottom half of the french bread. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Place on the the top half of bread.Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and slice into 6 pieces. Serves 6.