- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix (I used the 3 cheese flavor but any flavor will work)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper **see note
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- Boil macaroni according to package directions; set cheese packet aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown the beef and onion until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender; drain.
- Add the roasted red pepper, soup, water, ketchup, mustard, salt, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and pepper to the meat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; add to the beef mixture. Then stir in the corn, cheese, contents of reserved cheese packet, butter and milk. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
**note: fresh green or red pepper may be substituted. If using fresh add to the recipe along with the onion in step #2.