- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (93/7)
- 1/2 cup frozn corn
- 1 (4.5 oz) an mild green chiles
- 1 (1 oz) pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 oz) can mild red enchilada sauce
- Toppings such as lettuce, tomato, avocado, salsa, sour cream, sliced olives, cilantro, onion, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease. Mix in corn, green chiles, taco seasoning and water. Bring to boil, then rue to a simmer for 3 minutes. Mix in the cooked rice.
- Lightly spray a 11×7 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 3 Tbsp enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan. Place two whole tortillas in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over the tortillas. Top with the meat mixture, then sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese.
- Pour over half of the remaining enchilada sauce. Top with two tortillas, tucking in the edges. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Top each serving with desired toppings. Serves 6.