- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 8 tostada shells
- Toppings ideas: shredded cheese blend, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, guacamole
- In a large skillet, brown beef until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 6-8 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in black beans and heat through.
- To serve, spread refried beans over tostada shells. Top with beef mixture along with toppings as desired. Serves 4.