- 1 (3-5 lbs) pork roast
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 12–14 small torillas, can be corn or flour
- For the salsa:
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can fire corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Rub the pork roast with the spice mixture. Place roast in the slow cook and drizzle about 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce over the roast.
- While the pork cooks, place all of the salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Stir together and place in the refrigerator. You want in in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the flavors to marry.
- Once the pork is cooked, shred roast and discard any fatty parts. Add in 1 cup or so of the barbecue sauce and mix. Add more sauce if needed to make the desired consistency.
- Serve pork inside warm tortillas topped with the bean and corn salsa. You will have more slsa than what you need for the tacos. You can also serve it on the side with chips. Serves 6-7.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American