- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks until well blended then whisk in the milk and oil.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients until the lumps are mostly gone.
- Then add the egg whites and gently fold in. There may be streaks or small lumps of eggs whites in the batter, this is ok.
- Cook in waffle according to manufactures instructions. I got 9 waffles out of my maker