- 1 (3 lb to 4 lb) pork roast
- 2 (12 oz. cans) root beer
- 1 (16oz-18 oz) bottle of barbecue sauce (I used Cattlemen’s Smokehouse)
- a little extra root beer
- Place you roast in the crock pot. Pour in the root beer. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove roast from crock pot and shred. Dump out liquid from the crock pot.
- Return shredded meat to crock pot. Add bottle of barbecue sauce. Then add enough root beer to make desired wetness. (This will all depend on how thick your sauce is, I probably add at least 1/4 cup). Serve on buns or rolls. Serves 12- 16.