- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can (22 oz) Bush’s southern pit barbecue grilling beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 2 cups corn chips
- In heavy 3-quart saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and corn chips. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender. Top individual servings with cheese and corn chips. Serves 4-6.