- 2 cups self-rising flour (see Notes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup grated zucchini, excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan or large muffin tins. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugars, vegetable oil, sour cream, and vanilla. Stir in banana. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture, mixing only until combined. (Small lumps will bake out.) Fold in zucchini and pecans.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan or muffin tins. Bake about 45 minutes to 1 hour for the loaf and about 25 to 30 minutes for the muffins, until center tests done with a toothpick. Let rest in pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a rack to cool. Best served warm or at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf or 12 muffins
Notes: Do use self-rising flour for this recipe. All-purpose flour will make it too dense and gummy. To make self-rising flour, mix together 1 cup All-Purpose Flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and1/4 teaspoon salt.