- 4 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large box of cooked banana cream pudding (not the instant)
- 5 additional bananas
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 heaping Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts
- Mix all the cake ingredients except bananas for 2 minutes, medium speed. Add bananas and blend well.
- Bake in 2 greased & floured round cake pans, following baking recommendations on box. Cool on racks. I made the cake the day before.
- Make pudding according to package directions. I make it using the microwave directions. If you do that, watch it on the last 2 minutes. Min overflowed and made a mess in my microwave. Let pudding cool
- Whip whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Split each cake round in half. Place one cake on serving dish. Spread with 1/3 of pudding mixture topped with banana slices. Repeat with remaining cake, pudding, and bananas. Frost the whole outside of the cake with whip cream & sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. I used banana slices on top of mine but think the walnuts would have been better.