- Mazola Cooking Spray
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 dried apples chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dry apple cider drink mix
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light or Dark Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate
- Spray a large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and dried apples and place in a preheated 250 degree oven while preparing caramel.
- Mix brown sugar, apple cider drink mix, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, corn syrup, butter, and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes WITHOUT STIRRING. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour syrup over warm popcorn and apples, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread over foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cool.
- Once cooled break into pieces. In a small bowl, combine the 1 Tbsp sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the popcorn and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Allow chocolate to harden. Store popcorn in tightly covered container. Makes 4 quarts.