- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (32 oz) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 (16 oz) pkg ziti pasta (cooked and drained)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet add ground beef, onions and garlic. Cook over medium high heat stirring frequently until the beef is browned. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chicken broth and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of sauce into the cooked ziti noodles. Spoon ½ of the ziti mixture into a 13×9” baking dish. Sprinkle 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese and ½ cup parmesan cheese over the top of the ziti mixture. Top with 2 cups of the sauce, then add remaining ziti mixture and top that with the remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove from oven, uncover and sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Return to over and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Makes 6 servings.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian