- 8 ounces of any dried pasta of choice (I used mini farfalle)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 oz) block feta cheese
- fresh or dried basil, optional for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- . Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the tomatoes. Then sprinkle with the garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Toss until well combined.
- Place the feta block in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by the cherry tomatoes. Flip so both sides of the cheese get coated with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst, and the feta cheese melts. Set a piece of foil over the dish after 15 minutes of cooking to reduce the mess in your oven.
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Remove from the oven and a potato masher to mash up the tomatoes and stir everything together. It will create a creamy sauce with chunks of tomato.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss to combine. Add in pasta water if needed and stir to reach desired consistency. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American