- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 cup sugar (or proper amount of sugar substitute)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1–2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- black pepper to taste
- 5–6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz pre-cut fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetables, steamed
- 24 oz steamed rice or cooked linguine noodles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a saucepan over low heat, mix the cornstarch, water, sugar (or sugar substitute), soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes while stirring until thickened.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the pan and pour teriyaki sauce over chicken. Cover pan with foil.
- Baked at 425 for 25 minutes. Then remove the foil off and cooking for another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside (165 degrees).
- To serve, cut each breast into thin slices. Add the steamed rice to the bottom of the bowls, then a layer of the steamed vegetables. Layer chicken breast slices on top and rizzle with teriyaki sauce from the pan. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Asian