- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro*Tel, drained (diced tomatoes and chilies)
- 1 cup store bought queso
- 1/2 cup pepper jack, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- cooked rice for serving
- Place chicken in gallon sized ziplock bag with buttermilk. Place in the fridge and allow to sit overnight or for a miniumum of 30 minutes. Drain, and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle chicken with taco season along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a glass baking dish.
- Place half of the Ro*Tel on chicken. Then cover with queso and place the remaining Ro*tel on top. Top with the grated cheeses.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until instant thermometer reads 155º. They will continue to cook once removed from the oven.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked rice. Serves 4.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican