- 1 loaf French Bread, cut into cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Grease or spray (with non-stick spray) a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place bread pieces in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Pour evenly over the bread, trying to get every piece wet with the batter.
- Cover the pan and place in the fridge overnight (at least 8 hours).
- In another bowl or in your food processor, add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until blended. Then add the butter cubes and pulse in your food processor or cut with a pastry blender until crumbly with pea sized pieces. Cover streusel mixture and refrigerate.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover the 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle the streusel mixture all over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm topped with maple syrup. Serves 12-18.