- For the garlic butter:
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- For the steaks:
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Make the garlic butter by combining the 1/2 cup butter, 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a bowl. Transfer onto a piece of parchment paper and shape into a log. Roll in parchment to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, twisting the ends to close. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 1 week.
- Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and drizzle with some olive oil. Place on the stove top over medium-high heat. Turn oven now to preheat to 400 degrees.
- Place your skillet into the oven and cook at 400 degrees until desired doneness is reached. For a 1 1/2 inch steak – Rare: 2 minutes (cook to 120 degrees F) Medium Rare: 3 minutes (cook to 130 degrees F) Medium: 4 minutes (cook to 140 degrees F) Medium-well: 5 minutes (cook to 150 degrees F) Well-done: 6 minutes (cook to 160 degrees F)
- Place steaks on a plate and allow rest for 3-5 minutes, tented with foil. Serve immediately with a slice of garlic butter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American