- 5 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (more to taste, I added at least an extra 1/8 cup)
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 of a (12 oz) can of Sprite
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock pot and cook 1 more hour. Thicken the juices with a little cornstarch mixed in water.
- Serve with flour tortillas, lettuce, cheese, black beans and any other taco fixings.
If you want it spicier rather than sweeter add a hotter salsa and more green chilies.