- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp bbq sauce (I used Cattlemens Mephis Sweet)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Hot Dogs:
- 8 good quality hot dogs (I used Ball Park Angus Beef Bun Sized Franks)
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese sliced and then cut into thin strips
- 16 slices of precooked bacon (I used Jimmy Dean fully cooked hickory smoke bacon)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut a pocket lengthwise in each hot dog.
- Fill the pockets of each hot dog with a couple of the strips of cheese.
- Wrap each hot dog with 2 slice of the bacon, using toothpicks to secure the bacon on the hot dogs.
- Place on the grill cheese side up and cook over medium low heat until the cheese in is nice and melted.
- While the hot dogs cook, brush inside of the buns with melted butter and place butter side down on the grill. Grill until toasted and golden brown.
- When hot dogs are fully cooked remove from the grill and remove the toothpick. Serve on the toasted buns along the the sauce you prepared earlier.