- 1 cup softened butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1½ cups applesauce
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, add butter, brown sugar and flour. Pulse until mixture forms small, pea sized crumbs.
- Add the 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and oats. Pulse just until incorporated.
- Add half the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Press mixture down with your hands to cover the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling, in a small bowl, combine the applesauce and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Spread the filling on top of oat mixture in the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over applesauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 – 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow bars to fully cool before slicing into 12 equal pieces.