- 1 pork loin (around 3 pounds for use of all the sauce, you could also use any type of pork roast or even chops)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 cups brown sugar ( if too sweet go to 1 cup, but I did 2 cups)
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (I didn’t measure this I just did 10 grinds from my pepper grinder)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place pork loin in crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. I didn’t use any liquid to add to mine, but next time I was thinking it would be good to cook it with a little apple juice.
- Remove pork from crock pot and shred. Remove any juice or fat let in crock pot. Place meat back in crock pot and add prepared applesauce bbq sauce. Heat until warm.
- To prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix applesauce, ketchup, brown
- sugar, lemon juice, salt, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder
- and cinnamon. Stirring frequently, bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and use to bast the meat of your choice. (The recipe says the applesauce gives the sauce a nice thick texture, and coats well on the meat and that the sweet
- spicy flavor is excellent on chicken or pork.)