- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 6–8 slices white bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- optional: powdered sugar and whipped cream
- In a skillet, add apple slices, brown sugar, and butter. Cook over medium heat until brown sugar has dissolved and butter has melted. Mix in 1/4 tsp of the vanilla and 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook 6-8 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly and thicken while you prepare the french toast.
- Cook toast in a griddle, coated with butter, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned. Flip and cook other side 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Then generously top with apple-cinnamon mixture along with whipped cream if desired. Serves 3-4.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American