I love cheese. It is one of those things I just can’t do without. It seriously has to be one of my top three foods.
I also love to pair cheese with fruit. They compliment each other very well. So for today, I have a twist on the typical turkey sandwich. It is full of fall flavor including apple slices with Sargento cheese. It’s Apple Cheddar Turkey Bagels!
It gets even more of that great fall flavor in this sandwich with the use of a cinnamon and raisin bagel. Then instead of mayo, you use apple butter! May sound a little strange but let me tell you that it isn’t. All these flavors work so well together!
These apple cheddar turkey bagels would be perfect made now with deli turkey. However, it would also be excellent using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! I am counting down the days to Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday!
- 4 cinnamon raisin bagels or English muffins, split
- 2 Tbsp. apple butter
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. thinly sliced turkey breast
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Cheddar Cheese
- Lightly toast bagels. Spread with apple butter.
- Top with apple slices and turkey. Place one slice of cheese on each sandwich. Close sandwiches with bagel tops. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Recipe from Sargento Cheese.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but as always my opinions are 100% my own.