- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 loaf Texas toast of other thick slice bread
- butter, for cooking
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and flour together until smooth.
- Adding in the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and whisk together until blended. Pour the batter in a shallow dish, such as a pie pan.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium high heat, around 350 degrees. Add a slice of Texas Toast to the pie plate and dip each side.
- Place on the hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown. Remove the french toast from the griddle and serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve. Serves 5-6.