- 1 stalk celery, cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Place celery, onion, carrot, and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in processed celery/carrot mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add mixture to a 5-7 quart crockpot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken stock or water, honey, and all spices: stir to combine. Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours.
- This can be stored refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month. Makes 10 cups.