- In a microwave safe bowl, heat 1 cup of water in microwave 1 minute.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, place the shortening, sugar, salt and All-Bran cereal. Pour hot water over all and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Next, add eggs and remaining 1 cup of water to the bowl. Using dough hook, blend in flour and yeast. Knead for 1-2 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl and transfer dough to the greased bowl. Turn dough in bowl so the top of the dough get grease from the bowl on it. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll 1/4 of dough into a 1/2 inch thick square on a floured surface. This dough is very easy to work with. Using a pizza cutter, cut the square into 6 strips. Roll each strip to round the edges and tie each strip into a knot and tuck the ends under. Place rolls on a baking sheet. Repeat this process until all the dough is used up.
- Cover with tea towel and place in an oven that has been preheated to warm. Let rise for about 30 minutes until puffy and not quite double in size. Be careful to not let them over rise.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and preheat oven to 375. Once oven is heated bake for 10-12 minutes until light brown. Makes 2 dozen rolls.